Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Warrior Tank Leveling

I've started to enjoy tanking more than ever since playing on my druid and warrior. I've been tanking heroics for a while now on my druid, and I liked it so much, I decided to level another tank. Since I found warrior to be the most similar tank to the druid (rage and charge), I have been leveling a gnome warrior tank. Aside from having to jump in order to smack my targets with me shield, tanking on my warrior has been one of my favorite ways to level.

Using the Dungeon Finder
Since I am a tank, queue times for finding dungeon groups couldn't be shorter. Combine that with a trusty healer at my side (Aerti on her priest), and we have near instant wait

Why It's So Fun
One major fun factor that comes with tanking the warrior is Charge. Being able to Charge so early (Level 20) thanks to Warbringer is a great addition to my tanks mobility. Starting a fight with Charge is a great way to generate Rage, and when loose mobs are across the room, using Charge allows me to keep the from causing a bigger raucous.

Another fun factor that I've found as I've leveled is the amount of abilities that I have at my disposal. I'm currently level 51, and my spell selection is already extremely diverse. I already have many of my core tanking abilities, and that has allowed me to not only deal a lot of damage (always fun) and become more familiar with my threat rotation.

What I look Forward To
As I'm closing in on level 60, I really look forward to the dungeons available in Outland. I enjoyed the content from The Burning Crusade expansions, so doing those dungeons again will be very fun for me. I am also looking forward to getting Shockwave. While Blood and Thunder greatly improves the Warrior's ability to keep threat on multiple targets, Shockwave is an added ability that will help me control mobs even more.

I really look forward to the 70-80 level range, and getting to level 85 is sure to be enjoyable. The look and feel that I get from playing the warrior, The armor and the shields cement the warrior in my top five for sure. But what do you think? What do you like about playing a warrior, and tanking for that manner?

No comments:

Post a Comment