Friday, September 16, 2011

Dig Dug

Archaeology. The newest secondary profession added to the game with Cataclysm. This profession gives players the opportunity to dig up artifacts from the games oldest races, and put those artifacts together to recreate items from those races past. Through exploring the world (of warcraft) and persevering in the production of rare artifacts, players have the opportunity to gain powerful rewards for their efforts.

I like archaeology, and it is definitely my favorite secondary profession. I have been able to make a few epic items to help my characters, as well as gain some pretty neat vanity items that either transform me into a big Naga, or allow me to shine a green spotlight into the sky. I look forward to getting the Professor title (only two rare items away), and while making cool items is a grind, I have enjoyed putting together little pieces of Azeroth's history.

I haven't ventured into Outland or Northrend just yet, but the convenience of flying over Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms has been enough to outweigh the possibility for additional items. What do you think of Archaeology? Are you enjoying the grind for discovery, or is working for epic items too much of a pain in the butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment